Post-Judgment Modifications in NJ

When a couple goes through a divorce, the decisions made by the couple or the court are made based upon the current circumstances. Of course, as the years pass, these circumstances may change and the parties involved may wonder how they can update the agreements to fit the new changes. Some of the modifications that can be made in a New Jersey court are as follows:

Spousal Support

In order to modify a spousal support agreement, one or both parties must be able to prove that there has been a significant change in circumstance. Some legitimate reasons for which an individual may want to modify spousal support include:

  • Loss of employment
  • Change in wages
  • Illness

Child Support 

Child support is very difficult to modify in New Jersey but it is possible. Modification may be made if one of the parents can prove an increase or decrease in income, loss of employment, or there has been a change in custody.

Child Custody 

Child custody is one of the most contested matters in divorce, even after the agreement has been made. Child custody may need to be modified in the event of a relocation, medical issues with a parent or the child, change in the parent’s employment, parental alienation, or negative changes in the child.

If you need help with a modification, contact us today.

The Law Office of Toby Grabelle, LLC is a family and divorce law firm serving Monmouth County and all of New Jersey that would be happy to assist you in legal counsel. If you need quality legal services, contact the firm for a consultation