New Jersey Post Judgment Action

When a court in New Jersey issues an order for a family law matter, it is legally binding and those involved are required to follow it. However, the court will never be able to see into the future and account for all possible scenarios that may make it necessary to make changes to the order a few years down the road. When post-judgment action is necessary, it is important to seek the legal guidance of an experienced divorce and family law attorney that can provide assistance and fight for the future of the family.


If an individual needs to make changes to a court order because of a significant change in circumstances, they will have to request a modification. Some of the factors that are frequently modified in the state of New Jersey include child support, spousal support, child custody, child visitation schedules, and more. There are many reasons that an individual may need to request a modification, some of which include:

  • Change in employment
  • Change in income
  • Parent illness or other medical issues
  • Relocation with a child


If one of the parties is not abiding by a court order, the other party involved may wish to request the court’s assistance through an Order for Enforcement. This is often necessary for matters of child support or spousals support.

If you need an attorney to represent your interests, contact us today.

The Law Office of Toby Grabelle, LLC is a family and divorce law firm serving Monmouth County and all of New Jersey that would be happy to assist you in legal counsel. If you need quality legal services, contact the firm for a consultation.