New Jersey Family Law Attorney and Staff
Personal service and support during your divorce
The Law Office of Toby Grabelle, LLC is experienced and knowledgeable in all aspects of family law, especially divorce proceedings. We fully understand that divorce can be a very difficult time. You must choose an attorney who makes you feel comfortable enough to form a personal working relationship. During divorce proceedings, you need to confide in your attorney and openly discuss the personal, emotional and financial aspects of your life.
At The Law Office of Toby Grabelle, LLC, our compassionate divorce staff create a warm environment where you can feel comfortable working through your challenges. We are a small, personal law firm that gives each client individual attention. We are always available to answer your questions. Our staff help you make the best possible decisions for your new life.
Learn more about our dedicated legal team:
Make a personal connection with a dedicated New Jersey divorce attorney
Our caring attorney and staff get to know you personally and help you find a workable solution to your family law problem. Contact The Law Office of Toby Grabelle, LLC online or call us at 732-741-9900. Your consultation is free.
Originally from Brooklyn, N.Y., Toby has been a Monmouth County resident for more than 45 years. A graduate of Monmouth University, she received her Juris Doctor degree from Rutgers University School of Law in 1982. Toby then served as a law clerk to the Honorable Florence R. Peskoe, Presiding Judge of the Family Part. She was a principal in a law firm practicing family law for 23 years before forming Grabelle & Staufenberg, LLC, now The Law Office of Toby Grabelle, LLC, in 2005.
Since 2001, Toby has been a Certified Family Law Mediator for family law cases. Through training for mediation, she developed a deep respect for the mediation process. She has seen its benefits in both roles, as the mediator and as the attorney representing someone participating in formal mediation. Toby is also a dedicated and experienced litigator, whose practice has always been solely devoted to family law. She brings both a sense of balance and compassion to negotiations on behalf of her clients.
When not focused on her law practice, Toby enjoys spending time with her three grandchildren, four children, sons-in-law and daughter-in-law, and with her husband for more years than she cares to admit. She spends most of her vacations hiking and traveling around the world. After completing her training in 2004, Toby became a member of the Tinton Falls Community Emergency Response Team, and in both 2003 and 2004 was one of the top 10 fundraisers walking for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer in New York. In 2005, Toby was one of five finalists in the Greater Women of Central New Jersey competition.
- Rutgers University School of Law, Newark, J.D., 1982
- Monmouth University
Admitted to practice
- New Jersey, 1982
- Monmouth Bar Association
- President, 2001 through 2002
- Trustee, 1989 through 1992
- Judicial Evaluation and Reappointment Committee
- Judicial Selection Committee, 1989 through 1994
- Family Law Committee
- Member, 1984
- Chair, 1992 through 1994
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- General Council Representative, 1989 through 1991
- ESP Committee, Family Law Section, 1987 through 1988
- American Bar Association
- Family Law Committee, Early Settlement Panel, Chair
- Courthouse Security Commission, 2004
- Evaluation and Advisory Committee, Monmouth Vicinage Integrated Case Management Team/Project, 1990
- Monmouth County Vicinage Review Committee, Supreme Court Task Force on Dispute Resolution, 1988
- District IX Ethics Committee, 1987 through 1991
- Trustee, Legal Aid Society, 1987 through 2011
- Monmouth Bar Foundation, Secretary, 1986 through 2011
- Women Lawyers in Monmouth, Chair, 1985 through 1987
Awards, honors and distinctions
- Court Approved Qualified Family Law Mediator, New Jersey
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Named one of New Jersey's Best 50 Women in Business, 2008
- Monmouth Bar Association Family Law Committee Award, 2004
- Women Lawyers in Monmouth Achievement Award, 2000
A lifelong Monmouth County resident, Rosemary has been a member of the legal community since 1987. Her tenure includes time with the Monmouth County Prosecutor, the Monmouth County Public Defender and several prominent area law firms. She also is the former legal secretary to the Honorable Anthony J. Mellaci, Jr., J.S.C.
Rosemary has worked with Toby Grabelle since 2000 and became Ms. Grabelle's office manager and paralegal in 2005.
Rosemary is very involved in the community. She currently sits on the Environmental Commission for the Borough of Highlands. She is a former Henry Hudson High School Booster Club President and is a member of the Henry Hudson Regional School Board of Education.